Sunday, October 2, 2011

October is here!

This is just going to be a quick post, just wanted to write a little about our first craft fair and some other things that have been going on around here.

So yesterday was our first rodeo as they say. The girls, Chris and I all packed up my car and his truck and headed over to the site where the craft show was being held.



 Of course Olga (our name for Chris's gps on his phone) gave us the wrong directions so we got a little lost at first, but after a little while and a phone call to the place we found it. I didn't have super high expectations for this show as I knew it would be a smaller one. I was kind of looking at it as our 'practice round'. I thought it would be a good chance to get the booth set up and see what we would want to do different next time.
Allison all ready to make her first sale! (oh my gosh, how about the guy in the background totally grinning like I was taking a picture of him! hahaha)
For goodness sakes, how could you NOT buy a duct tape bow from this girl?
Set up went pretty smoothly and we were up and running in no time. The weather was p.e.r.f.e.c.t., a little chilly but just beautiful. As a matter of fact the sun was shining so much that all my pictures came out with such a glare that I don't really have any of our cute booth.
Here is a shot that you can kind of see the corner of the two tables. It was a little crowded but everything looked pretty good. (I sold that Halloween sign in this picture! yay!)
Here is my little business card holder and my new business cards, I think they look pretty cute!


Gianna made the first sale of the day! She actually ended up selling 6 bows, which I thought was pretty good since we were at an old folks home. Our next fair is at a school and I have a feeling she will do even better!
One zebra bow...$1.00
She was so cute, as soon as she made the sale she grabbed her notebook so she could keep track of what she had sold. She and her two girlfriends are doing this together so she wants to make sure she is fair and keeping track. I love that kid!

So those are all the pictures I really have. It was a great experience and I am so looking forward to doing it again. I was really excited because while we were there a lady was passing out fliers for another show Nov 4th and 5th! woo hoo! I am going to be on the craft show circuit before long! I love that my girls were there sharing it with me and that they are learning to be little entrepreneurs. I think it is so good for them to have a sense of pride in the things they are making, to get out there and meet new people and to spend quality time not only with me but with each other. Allison is getting older and will be out of the house and in college before we know it, I want to them to have as many memories together as possible.

Today was a good day around here too. I woke up early, before anyone else and jumped in the car and did something I have never done. I drove to Krispy Kreme (the hot sign was on!) and got a dozen donuts to surprise the kids (and Chris) when they woke up. Then we spent the morning cleaning up and doing laundry. My in laws get here in a few days so I wanted to make sure we had as many chores done as possible.

Then it was time for football. Our favorite thing to do around here on game day is hang out and eat snack type food all day, no real meals just appetizers. So I made sweet fire meatballs (will have to do a recipe tutorial on those, they are simple and good!), some chili queso dip with homemade chili and we went by Allison's work and picked up some pizza. We spent the rest of the day eating, dancing (that might have just been me) and enjoying our day together. It was a wonderful weekend. I needed it too. Last week was a bit rough for me and just having my little family around me was just what I needed.

Well I am going to sign off for now. I will have more to write tomorrow. It is the big day. Allison turns 16. Holy moly. It just kills me. I am so proud of this girl. I hope tomorrow is as special as she is. I can't wait to tell y'all all about it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. And I love your bussiness cards. Where did you get them?? They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete